On June 28th each year, National Insurance Awareness Day encourages us to review our insurance policies.
It’s Insurance Awareness Day! Today’s a good day to contact us to review your coverages. Call us at (317) 886-0081 for an appointment.
Insurance offers security, covering loved ones, and recovering losses in the event of damage, illness, or death. It offers protection but over time the value of our homes and the items in them may appreciate or change. What was once worth $100,000.00 a decade ago may be worth much more today. Be sure your policies keep up with the values.
No matter where we live, replacing everything we own would be difficult if disaster struck. From the first-time apartment to the 30-year mortgage, our possessions, property, loved ones and even those who visit deserve the protection the comes with homeowners or renters policy.
The observance offers an opportunity to learn more about the types of policies available, too. Here are some things to consider:
- Get a free quote – this is a great way for renters or anyone considering a new policy to comparison shop.
- Evaluate your current possessions.
- How has your family changed? Has your family grown or have family members moved away? How many pets do you have?
- Do you plan to buy a new home?
- Do you need flood insurance?
- Are there big changes ahead that will influence the amount of insurance you will need?
While insurance doesn’t cover everything, it does ease the cost burden should a disaster strike. Other policies to review include your automobile and life insurance policies. Annual enrollments for health insurance take place at various times of the year. Making sure you know when your enrollment period begins and ends gives you an opportunity to make needed changes. It also serves as a reminder to use up any Flexible Savings Account funds before you lose them.